Wild Souls Greece:
The Mythos and Magic of Hellas.
May 19-28th 2019
Walk gently in the footsteps of the Gods and Goddesses in the very place that created the term ‘mythos”.
Let go and surrender to the magic of Hellas…
Hellas, the ancient term for Greece, is a place of unparalleled archaeological and mythic importance. Zeus and Hera, Artemis and Apollo, Athena and her owl, Dionysus and the Muses, Poseidon and his sparkling oceans, Hades and Persephone in their underworld, Gaia and her snowy mountains: here, all come alive in a tapestry of magic, nature and mythos.
As with all Wild Souls Retreats, you won’t be inactive, instead, like the ancient pilgrims, you will renewed be journeying through the ancient city of Athens, to swim in the sea right by Poseidon’s own temple, to the sacred heart of the ancient world Delphi, and onto the very home of the Gods and Goddesses, Mt. Olympus. We will relax, learn, connect, and perform ritual in some of the most powerful sacred sites in the ancient and modern world.
We start our sun-soaked journey in the Hellenistic capital of Athens, where we start spectacularly with a walk, ritual and visit to the world famous Acropolis. We enjoy expert insights from an archaeologist and expert on culture. Then our adventure starts proper- the next day we swim with Poseidon and receive blessings in his temple. In days to come, we travel inland into the sacred highlands to Delphi and learn about the Pythia and her oracle and perform rituals dedicated to Artemis and her twin Apollo on their actual temple site. The home of the Gods and Goddesses, Mt.Olympus, receives us next and we hike along the wild gorge paths in one of the most spectacular places in the whole of Hellas.
And all the while we experience the food and hospitality Greece is famous for. All your breakfast, lunch and dinners are included and deluxe accommodation in which to rest your head.
If you have ever wanted to experience the real magic of ancient Greece, here is your opportunity.
What’s included in your Wild Souls Greece experience?
– 10 day/ 9 night programme.
– All Deluxe Accommodation:
3 nights accommodation in the elegant The Margi in the Athenian Riviera, Vouliagmeni, Athens.
2 nights accommodation at the Amalia Delphi.
3 nights at the Royal Palace Hotel and Spa in Platamonas, near Mt Olympus.
1 Night Accommodation at the Amalia Hotel, Athens.
– Your Meals: Nourishing meals from our first evening in Athens through to our last breakfast in Athens. Our meals will be Greek style mostly, fresh local food, and please discuss any dietary requirements with us.
– Our activities and adventures:
As always on a Wild Souls Retreat, we immerse ourselves with the natural environment and the people who live there. As we will be travelling within Hellas to both urban and remote areas, we have the services of experts and guides who will assist us to get the most out of our visit.
Here is an outline of some of our adventures…
– We start with an early morning visit to the Acropolis which towers high above Athens city. We will do ritual here and set the intentions for our journey on the very hill that has held ceremony for countless millennia.
We will then visit the stunning new Acropolis museum. The museum displays some of the most impressive and precious ancient Greek artifacts and sacred art. A qualified archeologist guide who has taken part in major Greek excavations will accompany us.
– As we see more of the city, we will learn about the evolution of the theatre and dramatic arts from a specialist speaker from the Greek National Theatre.
-We will travel to Sounio to visit the Temple of Poseidon and swim at and do ritual at the beach honouring the God of the Sea, earthquakes, prosperity and flow.
-Travel to the Omphalos (navel) of the World, the centre of the ancient Universe, Delphi. We will visit the Museum and spend two days at this incredible area. Here you will visit the home of the famous Delphic Oracle who gave insights to King Croesus and Alexander the Great.
You will walk the ancient path from the Cave of Panas (Corycian Cave) up to Delphi itself. Perhaps the most famous place of power in the whole of Greece, the profound energies of Mt. Parnassus can be experienced with love and devotion.
Parnassus is home to the God Dionysus and the Muses so we will ensure we have some fun in the evening!
– Perform Artemistic ritual with Stacey in the actual Temple of Artemis and make offerings to her brother Apollo, the God of Light and Music, in his home in Delphi.
– Visit and explore the home of the Gods, at the foot of Mt Olympus. We will travel to the village of Litchoro, on the east coast of Hellas, to see where Zeus and the Olympians make their home. For two days we will stay amongst the mountains and the deities. We will visit the Dion Archaeological site as well as pay our respects at the large Temple of Zeus. There are also sacred temples to Demeter, Isis and the Greek God of Medicine Asclepius.
– Experience the beautiful yet slightly challenging Enippeas Gorge Walk on the site of Mt. Olympus the way the ancients did, by foot, leaving small offerings and singing to the Gods!
–You’ll honour the Gods and Goddesses at a dawn ceremony over the Aegean Sea and visit the archaeological site of Aigai, the first capital of the Kingdom of Macedonia. Here we see the royal tombs of Alexander the Greats father Phillip II, who paved the way for the incredible expansion of the whole of the Hellenistic world.
– Our last afternoon and evening will be spent back in Athens and our farewell dinner will have a view of the shining Acropolis. Full circle!
– All transport is included during the retreat, including chartered private bus.
– And of course, a mythos-rich spiritual programme with Stacey. This retreat will involve ceremony and rituals on the sacred sites of the Gods and Goddesses. Stacey will also be teaching the traditional way, “in situ” (within the places) and so you will be learning about the mythos, concepts and doing the transformational workings within the actual places that have harboured this energy for literally thousands of years.
Nature, as always will be your teacher too, and will work it’s magic to bring you back to your most authentic self. The sea, the sky, the earth, the fire of the sun and the air of mountains will transform you.
This retreat is designed to quickly clear away the everyday, inspire your spirit, connect you with your own continuing mythos, spark your innate creativity and to bring new flow and vitality to transform yourself.
With this retreat, you will be doing quite a bit of ritual and energy work, and whilst this is optional and you need no experience, you should be open to the workings and the earth-honouring learning to get the most out of the retreat.
***Remember, this is your retreat- all activities are optional, but travelling progressively is not optional.***
What’s not included:
- Beverages and alcoholic drinks
- Your return flights from Australia (or where ever home is!)
- Transport from the airport to the meeting place in Athens, the Hotel Margi, and your transfers back to the airport on the last morning.
- Any activities on your free days or afternoons.
- Tips and items of a personal nature.
- Your Travel Insurance (compulsory for a journey of this type)
As always, you will be supplied with an extensive packing list and further details well ahead of time and of course the useful and beautiful gifts you have come to expect. This retreat requires an average fitness level and the ability to be able to walk uphill and on uneven and rocky ground. Please ask us about this further if you need more clarification.
Again, this is an adventurous, bespoke retreat and as such, this is a limited group only. Speak to us about single rooms if you prefer.
Confirmation of your place is guaranteed only by payment of the non-refundable deposit. Your place is not secured until this deposit is paid.
ALL INCLUSIVE PRICE: from $A 6495 twin share (international airfare not included). Single Room Supplement $1695.
Deposit is $A1500 to hold your place.
FREQUENT RETREATERS BONUS! If you have been on any of my retreats before, you will receive a bonus discount of $A200 off the price!
Special Early Bird Bonus: If you pay your deposit before 4th May,2018 you will receive a discount of A$200.
Contact Richard Martin for more information and bookings:
Phone: +61 400345 113
Wild Souls Hawaii
Wild Souls Hawaii: Wild & Free in the Land of Madame Pele & the Star Stones of Light
Oct 25, 2015 at 3:00pm to Nov 1, 2015 , Big Island of Hawaii
Come with me where we will weave the energies of heaven and earth, sea and stars, fire and water, lava and ice, aloha and magic!
Come along and have an adventure where it is all about YOU and your expansion.
We invite you to immerse yourself in deep nature from sun to snow in a place known for its welcoming heart and its honouring of the great living Goddess Pele who is assists with the expression of emotions in real time, sensuality, purpose, confidence, creation and drive.
Experience the newest land on earth being created and… a new YOU!
Come along and ….
* Rejuvenate with delicious organic food, connect more deeply with nature and powerful magic and experience appropriate physical challenges in nature.
* Enjoy the powerful nature energies of Hawaii & teachers dedicated to your transformation.
* Activate your spirit with rituals and blessings designed to cleanse, transform and inspire.
* Luxuriate in accommodation in an area famous for its tranquillity and beauty.
* Plenty of quiet time so you can integrate your learnings with ease before coming home!
• Accommodation: You will be staying at the beautiful Kalani Oceanside Retreat on the Big Island of Hawaii. “Kalani Honua” means harmony of heaven and earth, and this is what this 120 acres of organic environment aspires to with nutritious food, eco-accommodation and a stunning heart-opening location (Your choice of single, twin or triple share).
• Full use of the resort’s facilities including pools, yoga sala, internet and gorgeous tropical grounds. Because Kalani is located in a tropical jungle overlooking the spectacular black lava coast, our accommodations have no need of heating and air-conditioning. Views are everywhere and the flora and fauna are diverse and fascinating. Fall asleep to the chorus of frogs and the hush of the ocean.
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner every day!
* Airport transfers to and from resort.
• Full 7 night retreat programme with Stacey Demarco with special guest Hawaiian Indigenous guides.
We are proud to be able to work with you to ensure you experience a true retreat for body, mind and spirit.
– A beautiful in-depth spiritual programme with Stacey designed to clear away your obstacles, enrich your spirit, balance your body, deepen your magical abilities, bring back your enthusiasm and transform yourself. Every day you’ll learn something new – whether it will be through the power of nature as teacher, sessions with Stacey or traditional practitioners, or through the strength of Hawaiian magic.
– Opening Ceremony that includes a special snorkel with the sacred Giant Mantas of Kona. (One of the best places in the world to experience to see these gentle giants and a safe activity for all levels.)
– Sacred Cleansing at Madame Pele’s three waters. Cleanse and revive and swim in volcanically-heated freshwater that percolates from the ground as it combines with the sea! This protected ocean inlet is filled with crystal clear water and is a favourite hangout for Hone (sea turtles).
-Accompany our Elder to the Sacred Navigational Stones and find your true north.
– Meet Madame Pele and experience a powerful communing ritual with one of the world’s most active Goddesses at her source at the live Halemaumau Crater! We will ask Pele to remove what we no longer need and to instead fill us with creative and confident energy! We will explore the summit of Kilauea, the world’s most active volcano and do ritual at the edge of a majestic caldera where you can see steam vents, sulphur banks, rain forests, lava tubes, petroglyphs and much more. (We are always the talk of the island after this ritual!! )
– See the sunset and stargaze from the sacred mountain Mauna Kea, one of the premium astronomical sites in the world, and make an offering to the Snow Goddess! (Bring warm clothes- it’s so high it can snow!)
-Explore The Place of Refuge, Pu’uhonua O Honaunau, at the ancient Kahuna Temple of Kona and feel the power of a ritual of forgiveness performed at one of Hawaii’s most sacred places with our elder.
-Experience a US- style Halloween! Trick or treating, Halloween party, full dressing (bring your outfit) and a beautiful private Samhain ritual.
– Meditation, nature walks, yoga and hula!
– Meet like minds, laugh out loud and free your spirit.
• And as always, so much more… even surprise gifts!
Plus: Everything is optional! This is your retreat! Plenty of time to just be quiet and rest if your choose.
Just think: No work, no cooking, no pressure, no stress! Leave it to us!
This retreat is for those who have some basic understanding and experience of ritual or energy raising or who have attended one of our retreats previously. We assume a basic level of fitness. (Any doubts just ask us!).
ALL INCLUSIVE PRICE: $3450 twin share or $4250 single (airfare not included).
Deposit is $750 to hold your place.
FREQUENT RETREATERS BONUS! If you have been on any of my retreats before, you will receive a bonus discount of $200 off the price.
EARLY BIRD BONUS: If you pay your deposit before 30th June, 2014 you will receive a special Watsu treatment at Kalani with my compliments. Watsu is an incredibly nurturing shiatsu massage done in a warm pool with an expert who fully supports you- believe me, there is nothing quite like it.
HURRY: Small group only. Stacey’s Retreats sell out quickly.
Call Richard on 0400345113 to reserve your place or for more information.
There are some rare places in the world that have escaped the cruelty of man’s hand. They are very few, yet they exist. These places often have custodians, those who love and deeply connect with these places, protecting them and living as part of the circle within them, part of, not apart.
The Great Bear Forest of British Columbia, Canada is such a place. This is a wilderness so pristine and protected that some animals may not encounter a human for their whole lives. It is the largest remaining untouched temperate rainforest on the planet. Towering green, forested mountains give way to river valley bottoms and estuaries which teem with wild salmon. It is the home of the great Grizzly Bear, coastal wolves, cougar, wolverines and many other terrestrial mammals. The Pacific Ocean, which laps the forest’s shores, is home to pods of Orca and Humpback Whales who swim and hunt in the labyrinthine complex of fiords and channels.
The First Peoples of this conservancy, the Kitasoo/Xia’ Xia are such custodians. It is here in the Great Bear Rainforest that the Kitasoo/Xai’xais First Nation has lived since time immemorial. They have shared the forest and the salmon in harmony with all animals, plants and minerals and whilst all beings are important to these First Peoples, there is a very special creature they call moskgm’ol (white bear).
Their legend of the origin of moskgm’ol holds that “Goo-wee (Raven) made one in every ten black bears white to remind the people of a time when glaciers covered this land and how the people should be thankful of the lush and bountiful land of today.” Many of the Kitasoo/Xai’xais believe these bears hold super-natural powers, hence the name Spirit Bear. The Great Bear Rainforest is the only place in the world where Spirit Bears exist.
This is an extraordinary place and an extraordinary people.
And we have been invited by the Kitasoo/ Xia’ Xias to immerse ourselves in their land and their culture and experience a once in a lifetime journey…
As Winter’s grip recedes, we have been given special permission to visit very early in the season before other visitors. We will be personally guided into these lands and into the culture of these First Peoples. We will be shown the medicines of the forest, we will listen to the guiding stories of this ancient culture, we will dance their dances, we will walk side-by-side with the men charged with protecting the animals and land, “The Watchers.” Every day, we will experience another animal, another ecosystem another facet of mythos, another deeper level of nature-based experience, all seen through the world view of the Kitasoo/Xia’Xias. There may be other places in the world to spot a wolf, but nowhere else where you will learn why this wolf at this time in this place is important to you.
We will also have the opportunity to engage hands-on in a research approach that honours the cultural importance and sensitivity of the bears. (More info below).
All the while, you will be staying in Spirit Bear Lodge in the heart of the region. Built and run by the Kitasoo/Xia Xia. Spirit Bear Lodge has only 12 beautiful rooms and architecturally, the exterior of the Spirit Bear Lodge pays homage to the traditional long houses built for thousands of years by West Coast First Nations. Inside, the atmosphere is modern and relaxing yet culturally authentic. After a day of adventure, we will share stories in “The Great Room”, an intimate central room with comfy couches, 20-foot high, ocean view windows, local Tsimshian Art. Gaze out towards the grey blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and watch for passing Orcas, White-Sided Dolphins and Sea Lions. Listen to the silence as you revel in the natural wonders of the pristine and raw landscapes that surrounds you.
Wild Souls Spirit Bear will bring to life authentic contemporary First Nations culture and offer unparalleled adventure in the Great Bear Rainforest of British Columbia. It is hard to explain to you how special this place is and how special our invitation, so perhaps watch this:
Your retreat includes:
– Full retreat programme with Stacey Demarco and Kitasoo Xia’ Xia First Nation Elders and Guides that will be dedicated to your expanding your heart, deepening your spiritual path and ensuring your transformation through the power of nature and mythos.
– All accommodation (June 18-25th, 2016- 8 days, 7 nights twin share basis) from Day 1 in the exclusive Spirit Bear Lodge through to our last night in a boutique hotel in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
– Domestic flight from Vancouver airport to Bella Bella and then onto Klemtu (280 naugtical miles from Vancouver)via a scenic ferry ride across the channel to Spirit Bear Lodge.
– All transport within the conservancy.
– All fresh delicious meals whilst at the lodge. All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and snacks starting with dinner on Day 1
– All adventure activities with our hosts…dependent on weather and animal movements, daily choices may include:
• Full day excursions to main wildlife viewing area on Mussell, Kynoch or Khutze River estuaries
• Full day Spirit Bear quest and exclusive access to the Canoona River
• Full day Spirit Bear quest to other areas on Princess Royal Island and in the Spirit Bear Conservancy.
• Daytrip to UNESCO World Heritage candidate site Dis’ju
• Marine tour for Humpback whale viewing in Finlayson Channel
• Boat excursions to Kitasu Hill, a basaltic cinder cone and the best preserved volcano in Milbanke Sound
• Beachcombing and beach exploration of Kitasu Bay
• Cultural and natural history sites interpretive boat tour
• Grizzly tracking tour
• Estuary exploration by sea-kayak
• Plant medicine walks,
• Northwest Coast indigenous art workshops
• Cedar basket weaving
• Authentic dance performances and story telling by village elders.
• Interaction with “The Watchmen”
We will also have the opportunity to engage hands-on in a research approach that honours the cultural importance and sensitivity of the bears. Grizzly, black and spirit bears – as well as wolverine, cougar and wolf – visit non-invasive hair snagging stations. Caught on remote camera, these animals visit the sites and leave tiny amounts of their hair on a barbed-wire corral they must cross over. From a few hairs, leading-edge molecular techniques can reveal the species, gender and even individual identity of the visiting animal. Chemical signatures in hair can reveal diet and even hormone levels – all without harassment of these special animals. Come join us in making scientific history on the first research project of its kind.
– Night-time meditation around the campfire and animal guide facilitation.
– Airport transfers to last night accommodation in Vancouver.
– Loads of surprises and gifts AS USUAL!
ALL INCLUSIVE PRICE: $6299 twin share. Talk to us about the possibility of single accommodation. Payment plans available.
Deposit is non refundable $1000 to hold your place. Small group ONLY.
FREQUENT RETREATERS BONUS! If you have been on any of my retreats before, you will receive a bonus discount of $200 off the price.
What the retreat doesn’t include:
– Personal spending money
– Alcoholic drinks
– Your airfare.
– Travel insurance
– Worry, boredom and work (Yep, we aim to leave those behind somewhere pretty early 😀 )
THIS IS YOUR RETREAT so almost everything is optional!
As this is a true wilderness experience, a certain level of fitness is required. When in the conservancy you will experience uneven ground and you may be walking for approx 3+hours or more per day. You will be getting in and out of boats and kayaks. It may rain sometimes but nothing that good boots and waterproofs can’t fix). If in doubt whether you’ll be ok fitness-wise for this trip, just ask us and we will work things through with you.
Again, this is a very special once-in-a-lifetime invitation and opportunity. I would be honoured to host you.
“Remember: Nature allows not just a chance to go back to our true selves, which is incredible enough, but we get to create our new story moving forward. We get to renew. We get to transform far easier than in any other place. We are able to be the hero in our own mythos the one that WE write. Deep Nature gently invites us to be very present, to be very alive in it’s aliveness, flooded in beauty and in this moment of sheer oneness, we realize anything is possible. We realize suddenly that we are already ‘home’, that we have already arrived at a very good place, and our next steps can only bring more happiness.”
– From “The Disconnect”, by Stacey Demarco.
Come with me to a place where you can be nourished, transformed and made whole again. Come with the first Nations and myself, write your new mythos and feel who you really are.
Just contact Richard on 0400345113 or firstname.lastname@example.org